Welcome to Bourne Academy
Bourne Academy is an 11 to 18 mixed comprehensive school. It was inspected by Ofsted in May 2013. These were the key findings from the report:
- The school is well led and managed
- The school provides an appropriate curriculum
- Students achieve well during their time at school
- The school identifies all students who need extra help and makes sure that extra support is provided for them
- Staff are particularly effective in developing students’ confidence and self-esteem
- Students’ behaviour is good in lessons and around the school and contributes to a calm and orderly environment
- All students adhere to the smart uniform regulations
In short, combined with its excellent examination results and its extensive extra-curricular programme – including the Duke of Edinburgh Award, Bourne Academy offers the key components of a quality education that any parent would want for their child.
Please enjoy browsing the website, but visiting us is the best way to find out what Bourne Academy is really like. Please feel free to make an appointment with our Admissions Manager Miss Scotney .