Bourne Academy had a OFSTED Inspection in February 2017.
To visit the Ofsted web site and see the report please click here.
To view the Department of Education performance table for Bourne Academy please click here.
Bourne Academy was rated good in all aspects of its work!
Bourne Academy is an 11 to 18 mixed comprehensive school. It was inspected by Ofsted in February 2017. These were the key findings from the report:
- The school is a cohesive and inclusive community that is characterised by pupils who are respectful of each and very polite.
- Targets for teachers are more sharply focused on pupils achieving higher standards and developments in their own practice to improve the quality of teaching even further.
- Pupils enjoy coming to school and this is shown by their above-average attendance.
- The school is a safe place. Parents believe that the school keeps their children are safe and cares for them well.
- The achievement of pupils has continued to improve or remain high in many subjects since the previous inspection.
- The curriculum is broad and balanced and meets the needs and aspirations of all pupils.
In short, combined with its excellent examination results and its extensive extra-curricular programme – including the Duke of Edinburgh Award, Bourne Academy offers the key components of a quality education that any parent would want for their child.
For more details please contact us.
Previous OFSTED Inspections:
Bourne Academy, previously The Robert Manning College, had an Ofsted Inspection in October 2008.
"The Robert Manning Technology College is a good and improving school with outstanding features in its specialist areas of technology and applied learning. Parents and students are strongly supportive of the school. One parent summed up the views of many by commenting that: 'It is a large school, but it feels like a small one because teachers know the students so well and there is always somebody to help.'"