Careers Information Advice and Guidance
The Careers Information, Advice & Guidance Education programme at Bourne Academy enables our students to make a successful transition into further or higher education, apprenticeships and accredited training in employment. We offer objective and impartial advice from a range of talks, visits, activities and individual interviews.
We have a dedicated area in the Library for careers information, advice and guidance and all students are welcome to call in and see Mrs Green at any time for an informal chat or make a booking for an appointment.
Students are also invited to request an appointment with our independent careers adviser, Kay Boothby. Bookings can be made via Mrs Green: GreenR@bourneacademy.org
Below are examples of topics that can be discussed:
- How to choose the right course and university
- Intermediate and Higher Apprenticeships
- Advice and help with Work Placements (Y12)
- Taster days, Workshops and Open Days
- Ideas to enhance your Personal Statement or Curriculum Vitae
- Lists of useful web-sites
- Taking a Gap Year
No idea about your future? Why not try our quiz? Have a look and sign yourself up.
Please find attached a copy of our Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance Policy and the Accessibility Policy.